I go through phases with my blog. I like the idea of blogging, but then I think what is the point? I think for me it is a place to get my thoughts out. I have thought about using an actual journal, but to be honest I don't like the idea of hand writing everything. So here I am again blogging my thoughts or experiences. Today is one of those days where I am just so ready for Fall. I am ready to wear sweaters and scarfs and ready for the sun to not be out until 9pm. Don't get me wrong, I love summer. The long days, late nights, crickets chirping, thunderstorms, and everything else that goes along with it, but now I'm ready to move on. The problem is that I live in West Texas where Summer runs through October and September is sometimes one of the hottest months of the year. Today the weather is overcast and cool and I'm stressed about school so I'm pretending its Fall by laying around in my sweat pants and drinking hot chocolate.
Lately I have been cleaning/organizing our house, and it feels overwhelming and relieving all at the same time. I have been purging the things that Andy and I do not need or use. I already have two large bags and a milk box full of stuff to take to Goodwill. I am not going to go as far to say that I am not materialistic, because I am, but I want to live a simpler life. I want to give what I do not need to people that may need it. I want to save money and not just spend it because we can. My goal is to get the house back to looking somewhat normal before Dana comes in two weeks. I'm not doing so well at my goal today as I am just sitting in front of the tv in sweat pants. Oh well...everyone deserves a break! I also want to go through all my old photographs from before I had a digital camera and I got prints of every picture I ever took! I like having physical copies of pictures and I like that my Mom made baby books for my brothers and I. I feel sorry for the kids who have grown up completely in the digital age and don't have baby books, but just look at pictures of themselves on an IPhone. Anyways...I want to go through all those pictures because there are a TON from high school that do not pertain to me and whats the point in keeping pictures of people I can't even remember their names? There is no point! So that is also on the to-do list.
Another goal of mine is to start writing down my memories of my family or special events. I loved hearing stories from my Grandparents growing up, but sadly now they are at a point where they can't really share those stories anymore. I think it would be neat if I wrote down different memories that I have and also asked my brother and parents to do the same. What a cool way to save our family history! Getting my brothers to do this may require some bribing, but maybe if they just told me there memories I could write them down. Its a big dream/goal of mine, but I am going to start working on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment