Sunday, February 23, 2014

When did that happen?

I've mentioned on several occasions how terrible I am about blogging regularly. Some times I get these great ideas and I'm like "man I should blog about that...", but then I don't and the cycle continues. I think part of the reason is because I think that all the Facebooking, instagraming, and blogging is vain. Like hey look at the 900th selfie I've taken today. I just don't think that many people actually care what goes on in my life and I don't always like to share what goes on in my life so again with the cycle of blogging and not blogging.

But I digress...I was going back through old blog posts I wrote in the past and came across this one Getting Older and I was like OMG I'm there! Reid turns 16 in two months, Andy just turned 30, and I will be 29 in July. When the crap did that happen? Aside from the fact that my husband is now 30, my baby bro is about to let go on the streets of Lubbock and I'm 28 and just barely starting my grown up job its pretty cool thinking about all the things that brought us to where we are now. 

In the past five years I've watched both of my brothers grow into wonderful young men. They are both smart, funny, and kind. Not to mention the best brothers EVER! They have both been strong for me when I needed it most. We've been through a lot in the past two years starting with Christmas of 2011, when our Meme passed away. She was this bright light in all of our lives and it was such a shock to lose her. If you had asked my brothers and I which grandparent we would be saying goodbye to first it would NOT have been our Meme. One of the things I remember the most about her funeral is standing with my brothers hand and hand because we needed each other in a way we never had before. Then again last March when we lost our Grandma and again this January when we lost our Granddad. Each time they hugged me and held my hand and were strong not only for me but for out parents. 



The past two years have been marked by trying times and periods of grief, but there has been a lot to celebrate and be joyous in! Reid started high school and loves being in the marching band. He is having the time of his life and about to go to Ireland to march in the St. Patricks Day parade in Dublin. He qualified to go to state solo and ensemble two years in a row now and is really a very good driver so don't worry Lubbock. Ryne finished his undergrad at Tech and received his degree in Political Science in May of 2013. He now works for a bank and is really enjoying his job. Both of the boys have started living a healthy life and work out and take care of themselves. I couldn't be a prouder big sister. I pray every day that we stay close as we continue down the road of adulthood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment