Sunday, October 21, 2012

Heart Prints

Last time I talked about people a person that had been weighing heavily on my mind and heart. Well yesterday I saw them for the first time since June. You know how you build things up in your head to be this horribly scary but potentially amazing thing...well I had done that and had pretty much been avoiding seeing this person since June. Truth be told it wasn't that hard to do because we only have one thing in common and avoiding that one thing was not hard. Like I said before we both needed the space and agreed that we needed time. Time to heal, time to live our lives, time to move on. Well seeing this person yesterday wasn't as scary as I had made it out to be in my mind, but it also wasn't as amazing as I hoped it would be. I thought that after months apart it would be a rush of excitement for both of us to finally see each other again. And it was for me, but I'm not so sure about how they felt. I pride myself on being able to read people pretty well, but this person guards themselves which means I have no clue what they were thinking. I need a crystal ball or something. I mean wouldn't that be an amazing and awful power to have. To know what everyone is thinking all the time. Like Alice from Twilight. It felt good to see this person, to know that they are doing well, and to know that they haven't forgotten about me. In a few months, however, I will not be able to run into this person and see how they are doing. All lines of communication will have been severed. What happens to our questionable friendship then? Do we just leave it to fate and maybe someday we'll run into each other on the street and everything will be different but okay? Is this my real life "Serendipity" where I have no idea what is going to happen to this person and whether they are suppose to be a part of my life? Maybe all of that is the case...but in the mean time they have left a mark on my heart that I will never forget and that is okay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment