Monday, April 4, 2011

Life happens fast

So today I have been getting things ready so that I can go be with my friend Sarah. Her Dad is in the hospital with two brain aneurisms. It has been a crazy couple of days for her and her family and I just want to help in any way I can. So this morning we took my car and put new tires on it for my trip. And speaking of my trip, this will be the first time that I have driven that far by myself. The furthest I have gone on my own is two hours in either direction of where I live. I have always gone with people or people have gone with me, so it should be really interesting to see how it goes, but I will have my Tomtom to guide me!

In other news I have been able to start a few crafts and go thrift shopping.

I found this bird at the Dollar Tree.

I found this bunny at a local thrift shop.    
This is Bella investigating the bunny.

The bunny was being used to house cotton balls.


I spray painted the bunny and the bird with Heirloom white spray paint from Home Depot.

Here they are after being spray painted.
This is the bunny in his home for now. He is below the mantel. The mantel is not finished but when it is I will add pictures of that.
Here is the bird. He is on a side table in our living room.
Here is a big picture of where the bird is.
 So that is a little bit of what I have done so far. I found some great stuff at the thrift store and I am excited to get started on it when I get back in town. I have started work on a bird house, but it is not quite finished yet so I'll post when it is done. I've been keeping an eye out at places for discounted pictures frame with mats in them (I have an office project I want to do with those), but alas I have found no frames yet.

Until next time.

Robyn








1 comment:

  1. I love it! So cute and brilliant. I am so lucky you are coming. You are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete