Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday: Day 11

Today we had pancakes and pineapple for breakfast. Fanny knows what we like now so all we get is pancakes or cereal and some type of fruit with the exception of mangos because Dana and I both did not like the mangos. Also she only brings out one coffee cup and it is for Dana because I never used mine.

At school I got to observe for the first time since I have been here Social Studies in second grade. My teacher said she does not teach Social Studies very often because she does not like the subject or the textbook they have to use. I spent some time working with Dr. Button working on my project and interviewing other Hostos teachers for my project.

At lunch we had tacos! It was the most American tasting food we had the entire time. They were so good and she said we could have them again on Saturday night. I am definitely craving some American junk food! After lunch Dana and I started packing up our suit cases because tomorrow we are leaving straight from the school to go to Puerto Plata and won’t be back until around 8pm Saturday night. They changed our pick up time on Sunday morning from 5:45am to 6:30am which was exciting to me. Dana and I sat and talked with Ingrid and Monchi for a long time, and Monchi ruined her surprise gift. We were going to give her gift to her on Saturday when we got back, but today she was asking us about printing copies of the pictures that we took together. Dana told Ingrid to tell Monchi that her camera was broken, and so Monchi bought it but then she wanted to know about my camera and she didn’t believe that both of our camera’s were broken and called us liars. So we gave her gift to her early. In our gift was a candle and a picture frame with a picture of the three of us in it. It was really funny, and then Monchi started to cry and Ingrid said her Mom always cries when the girls have to leave. Sunday is going to be a bittersweet day. Ingrid invited us to dinner at her house tonight and I think we are going to get to go, because it has been raining all day so there will be no carriage ride. I am a little upset that we did not get to do the carriage ride at all, but there is not much we can do about it now.

Tomorrow is our last day at Hostos and I am going to try and get some good pictures of my kids. Then at 1pm we leave for Puerto Plata. I am excited to finally have some down time and hopefully have a great shower at the hotel. Tomorrow night is our farewell dinner at the hotel and then we have all day Saturday at the beach or pool. I don’t know if I am still going to get a massage because the hotel that we are staying at has changed, but at least I am guaranteed a massage when I get home. I got a spa gift certificate for Valentines Day that I have never used so I am planning on using it when I get home. I am also emailing Andy a list of things I want him to bring to Dallas when he comes and picks me up. They are just some things that I don’t have with me that I want to use when he comes to pick me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment